On December 10, 2019, a press conference entitled “Launch of New Customs” was held at the Parkovy business center with the participation of the head of the State Customs Service of Ukraine Maxim Nefyodov.
During the event, ambassadors, donors, business associations, political and government stakeholders were presented plans for the development of the newly created state body, the integration of the State Customs Service into the European customs community, as well as the main directions of organizational, infrastructural and personnel changes were announced.
The head of the Association of Ukrainian Importers of Fish and Seafood, Dmitro Zagumennyy, also took part in the event.
Guests and speakers were:
- Alexey Goncharuk, Prime Minister of Ukraine.
- Daniil Getmantsev, Head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on Finance, Customs and Tax Policy.
- Peter Wagner, Head of the Support Group for Ukraine in the European Commission.
- Pavel Khodakovsky, Deputy Minister of Finance of Ukraine.
“I warn bribe takers and smugglers who made money from customs, but essentially made money from Ukrainians, we stop it. Ukraine needs a modern, transparent customs that works in the interests of citizens. And Maxim Nefyodov’s task is to have just such a new customs,” - said the Prime Minister of Ukraine.
- publication of anonymized information.
- Revision of the risk management system.
- IT development: implementation of the e-borders mobile application.
- automatic classification and integration services with customs bases of other countries.
- increase the prestige of the work of the customs officer.
- development of customs infrastructure.
Details of upcoming customs changes here: