Last year, Ukrainian companies increased their exports of fish products to 9,477 tons, compared to 6,767 tons in 2016. The growth is 40%.
In monetary terms, for the year 2017 fish products were exported to the amount of 27.7 million US dollars, against 16.3 million US dollars in 2016.
Due to the active work of fish companies with foreign counterparts, it was possible to open new markets and points of sale for their products. In foreign markets, there is a growing demand for fish products produced and/or processed by Ukrainian companies.
In total in 2017, fish products were exported in the amount of 9,477 tons (6,767 in 2016), including:
- 4 550 tons of canned goods (2,668 tons for 2016):
- 3214 tons of frozen products (2,878 tons for 2016):
- 858 tons of chilled products (808 tons for 2016):
- 375 tons of surimi, crab sticks (116 tons for 2016).
- 140 tons of smoked products (58 tons for 2016):
- 135 tons of dried products (90 tons for 2016):
- 90 tons of preserves (91 tons for 2016):
- 71 tons of salted products (5 tons for 2016):
- 40 tons of snacks (47 tons for 2016):
- 3.5 tons of minced meat, fish burgers (5 tons in 2016).
Most of Ukraine exported fish products to such countries:
- Moldavia (1424 tons).
- Germany (1036 tons).
- Belarus (852 tons).
- Georgia (846 tons).
- Denmark (825 tons).
According to our preliminary estimates, the growth in exports of fish products from Ukraine in 2018 will continue, but it is too early to speak about specific figures.