Twenty years ago, Ukraine could catch about 400,000 tons of fish annually. But over time, these opportunities were lost due to various circumstances. As a result, according to official data, Ukraine has been producing and growing only about 90,000 tons of its own fish for the last 3 years of its own fish, which is not enough to satisfy the existing demand.
Because many types of fish products, for objective reasons, we can not catch or grow in Ukraine, 80% of all fish products in the Ukrainian market is imported. Ukraine imports fish and seafood from 60 countries. At the same time, most of the fish we import from Norway, Iceland and the USA. Next come Estonia, Latvia, Spain, Canada, Great Britain, China, Vietnam and Argentina. First place in terms of imports is herring. In addition to herring, we import in large measure (in descending order): mackerel, hake, Baltic herring, salmon, sprat, pollock, capelin, sardines, notothenia, pangasius, shrimp, blue whiting, mussels, squid, saury, vomer. According to different estimates and in different periods for each Ukrainian an average of about 10-14 kg of fish per year, which is extremely small, as the world average is more than 20 kg per person per year.
Since fish and seafood are important components of the human diet, providing the body with the necessary protein, vitamins, minerals and omega-3, the members of our Association fulfill important social and economic functions for our citizens and state.
In order to protect the rights and interests of importing companies of fish and seafood, the only voluntary, non-governmental and profile association - the Association of Ukrainian Fish and Seafood Importers - has been established and is functioning.
We are convinced that only by joint efforts it is possible to improve business conditions, primarily for fish importers, as well as to increase the consumption of fish products by the population of Ukraine, which will lead, among other things, to the growth of imports, processing volumes and export opportunities of our companies. We believe that due to insufficient communication and coordination between the participants of the fish market, we bear joint losses and ourselves limit the development of this industry.
We invite you to join the Association of "Ukrainian Fish and Seafood Importers" and jointly defend our rights and interests, as well as develop the fish industry of Ukraine.
Zagumenny Dmitry Yuryevich was born on the 22nd April 1982 in Kyiv.
Since 2013 heads the Association "Ukrainian importers of fish and seafood."
From 2012 to 2013 was engaged in private legal practice.
From 2009 to 2012 worked as a chief specialist of the Department control over procurement and tender procedures of the subsidiary "Gas of Ukraine" National Joint Stock Company "Naftogaz of Ukraine".
From 2003 to 2006 he worked as consultants in private companies and commercial banks.
In 2012 he graduated from Kyiv National Economic University (Master of specialty – economy enterprises).
In 2005 he graduated from the Academy of Advocacy (Master of Law).
1. Representation and protection of the interests of the members of the Association in the bodies of state power and other state institutions.
2. Combining the efforts of importers, processors and exporters of fish products for the establishment and development of the civilized fish market in Ukraine.
3. Introduction of mechanisms of fair competition between players of the market, a creation of favorable conditions for the observance of high professional and ethical standards of behavior.
4. The popularization of regular consumption of fish and seafood by the population of Ukraine, as well as the formation of a culture of consumption of fish products.
5. Providing market participants with objective, relevant and useful information on the website of the Association.
1. The elimination of unlawful adjustments of customs value at import of fish products (with the purpose of constant communication and provision of real, objective and market prices, the Association signed a Memorandum of Understanding and cooperation with the State Customs Service of Ukraine).
2. Strengthening relations with representatives of the authorities, holding meetings with them to solve the problem issues of importing companies and participation in normative activities.
3. The opportunity to talk about yourself to the business community through the Association website and your own Facebook page with a monthly attendance of more than 20 000 users per month.
4. Free participation in profile conferences, seminars, forums, as well as free placement of publications in certain media.
5. Expansion of the network of communications through communication with many institutions and organizations as well as other business associations (signed a memorandum of cooperation with the State Agency for Fisheries of Ukraine, US Embassies and Norway).
6. The possibility of obtaining consulting, legal and methodological assistance from the participants and partners of the Association, as well as statistical information on the volume of imports and exports of fish products.
7. Direct communication with market leaders, expansion of the circle of business partners and clients.
Association “Ukrainian importers of fish and seafood” created and operates in accordance with the provisions of the Commercial and Civil Codes of Ukraine and other normative legal acts in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine.
The association is free to new members.
Member of the Association can be any entity, legal person who creates and operates according to the laws of Ukraine and agreed to serve, on which lay the constituent documents of the Association.
The activities of the Association financed exclusively by the entrance and membership fees, charitable aid and other sources.
For more information and on membership or partnership in the Association, please contact: email@example.com
Association "Ukrainian importers of fish and seafood" it is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-profit, self-regulating organization.
Address: 04350, Ukraine, Kyiv, Yaroslavov Val str., 15
Phone: +380 (68) 421 12 12